Instructions for the reopening of Church
The Church will reopen for public Masses on Saturday, 4th July. The first public Mass will be on Saturday evening at 4.00 pm.
Please note the following instructions for those who come to Mass.
- Please wash your hands thoroughly before leaving home, and use hand sanitiser when you arrive at the Church.
- You must wear a mask whilst in Church.
- You must follow the one-way system to enter and leave.
- You must maintain 2m social distancing at all times.
- The toilets are closed
- All Masses will be said (i.e. No singing)
- If you pick up a leaflet, take it home – DO NOT return it to the boxes in the porch.
- Do not touch the statues, crucifixes etc.
- To receive communion, please follow the instructions given at the time.
- After Mass, please do not gather to talk in the porch; go outside to chat and maintain good social distancing.
- The piety shop is open, but do not go in! Ask the person on duty or Fr Philip to bring out to you any items you require.
- Please leave doors open to improve air flow and ventilation.
- Do not come to the sacristy (this includes servers, who are asked not to assist, and sacristy team).
All these measures are designed to keep everyone safe whilst in Church and minimise the possibliity of viral transmission.
The obligation to attend Sunday Mass is still suspended – public Mass is for those who wish to attend, and for whom it is safe to do so.
Weekday Masses will be celebrated publicly at 10.30 am Tuesday to Saturday, as usual.
An extra Mass will be celebrated on Sunday mornings at 9.00 am, to relieve the numbers at the 10.30 am Mass. This may be useful for those who travel by public transport, as buses are unlikely to be busy at that time.